The Wish4Fish boat is a world first, showcasing New Zealand’s commitment to innovation, with our hope to create a model for others to emulate.
Our objective is to create a nationally iconic vessel for NZ’s disability community, with similar profile to the Spirit of Adventure or Outward Bound.
The boat itself is a Roger Hill custom designed 18m alloy high displacement cat powered by twin marine diesel engines. The boat is designed with wheelchair users in mind, along with some of the following unique features:
- Capacity for 12 wheelchair users, support staff and crew.
- Total capacity for 52 passengers.
- A specifically designed loading system to allow for wheelchair access from a wide variety of berths.
- A specifically designed wheelchair access lift to the fly bridge.
- Full loop gantry crane provided by Cubro, to allow bathroom access for all levels of wheelchair user. Also allows support above the four berths for overnight trips.
- Spacious lower deck, galley, and flybridge to allow ease of access for wheelchair users and sufficient cover in all weather conditions.